- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Collaboration Across Networks and Leading by Influence
- Agility and Adaptability
- Initiative and Entrepreneurialism
- Effective Oral and Written Communication
- Accessing and Analyzing Information
- Curiosity and Imagination
If these are the skills that employers are looking for, shouldn't it be the responsibility of educators to foster their development? Often times I find myself getting too wrapped up in what I'm doing that I lose sight of the big picture. I always try my best to remember to take a step back and ask the simple questions. Why am I doing this? What am I trying to achieve? What really matters? Tony Wagner's seven survival skills will certainly become answers to some of my questions and help me stay focused on that big picture.
I highly recommend all educators watch Tony Wagner's Creating Innovators lecture event to learn more about his seven survival skills and their impact on education.