Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Getting Started With Google+ for Educators

On November 15, 2012, Google announced that Google+ became available for Google Apps for Education domains.  That was really exciting news!  Like many others educators, I had been using Google+ through my personal Google account to connect with lots of different people.  Now that it's available for all of the faculty and staff in my district, I can imagine some amazing ways we can use it to expand our personal learning networks, provide professional development opportunities, hold group meetings, and much more.  The most interesting question will be if and when we should enable Google+ for our students.  The available premium features appear to be excellent options for limiting student usage to within their domain.  We'll see.  But it all starts with getting our teachers familiar with and using Google+ first.  I put together the following narrated presentation to assist the Leyden teachers with getting started, but hopefully others find it beneficial, as well.  So, if you'd like to learn more about Google+ and how to get started, turn up your volume and play the presentation below (I'd recommend viewing it in full-screen).  I'd love to hear how others are using Google+ in their schools and if this presentation was helpful, so please consider leaving a comment.  Enjoy!


3 comments:

  1. Brian. This is a great resource. You've basically provided me with everything I need to roll this out to our own staff here in Westwood, MA. We haven't opened up Google Plus yet, but I think it's just a matter of time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great to hear, Steve. I'm glad you found this presentation helpful. Good luck with your roll-out!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the presentation...this will be useful. Thanks for sharing!

    I think Google+ opens some great doors for all of us!

    ReplyDelete